Home Telus leaves Huawei hanging with Samsung 5G deal AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 19 JUN 2020 Canadian operator Telus selected Samsung as a network infrastructure partner for its 5G rollout, adding to recent agreements with Ericsson and Nokia, with long-term partner Huawei conspicuously absent from its plans.In a statement, Telus said it was deploying its first wave of 5G in Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton and parts of Toronto, with Samsung added as a partner for the build.Telus aims to expand its 5G offering to 26 markets across Canada throughout the remainder of the year.Ericsson and Nokia were handed 5G contracts earlier this month.The move to now include Samsung into its 5G plans represents another blow to Huawei’s ambitions in Canada, where the government is conducting a security assessment on the Chinese vendor.Telus CFO Doug French reportedly said in February Huawei would be part of its 5G plans, but its recent moves suggest differently.Samsung stated said the deal expands its 5G pool further, as it secured four new 5G contracts in the last seven months with operators in Canada, the US and New Zealand.“We are excited to have earned Telus’ trust to roll out next-generation 5G services together, leveraging our successful experiences in commercialising 5G across multiple leading markets,” said Paul Kyungwhoon Cheun, president and head of Networks Business at Samsung. Subscribe to our daily newsletter Back KT makes LG Electronics trade-in move Asia Related Previous ArticleSoftBank backs Splyt to develop superappNext ArticleMicrosoft head calls for scrutiny of app markets Samsung boosts logic chip investment by $34B Kavit Majithia Author Tags Google renueva Android y muestra novedades en IA Kavit joined Mobile World Live in May 2015 as Content Editor. He started his journalism career at the Press Association before joining Euromoney’s graduate scheme in April 2010. Read More >> Read more SamsungTelus
KENA BETANCUR/AFP/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein returns to court Thursday seeking to get the criminal charges against him thrown out.Weinstein’s appearance, a little more than six months after his arrest in New York, comes as defense attorneys have argued the case has been tainted by the conduct of a lead police detective and the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.One charge has already been tossed, and the defense wants the rest of the case to go too.“This case is damaged goods,” defense attorney Benjamin Brafman told ABC News.The Manhattan District Attorney’s office declined to comment but has previously expressed confidence in its case against Weinstein, who faces five counts, including rape. The defense has taken particular aim at the rape charge, which is based on the account of an unnamed accuser that Brafman said subsequently carried on a “multi-year, consensual sexual relationship” with Weinstein.Brafman has insisted the district attorney’s office erred when it failed to show the grand jury email exchanges involving the woman and Weinstein.“They withheld the emails between the alleged rape victim and Mr. Weinstein which would have destroyed her credibility,” Brafman said in an interview with ABC News.“A prosecutor in New York has no obligation to present exculpatory evidence to a grand jury,” said Michael F. Bachner, a former prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office now in private practice at Bachner & Associates. “What a prosecutor can’t do is mislead the grand jury by not putting in the whole story if it’s necessary for context.”Bachner, who is not involved in the case, said the judge should throw out the indictment but give prosecutors time to seek a new one based on the totality of evidence.“Though the emails are significant, it’s not the kind of evidence that would have changed the grand jury’s vote to indict,” he said.Weinstein is charged with raping a woman in a hotel room in March 2013 and forcibly performing oral sex on another woman in 2006 at his Manhattan apartment. He has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex.The Manhattan District Attorney’s office already agreed to drop one of the charges after it learned a lead police detective in the case instructed a potential witness to keep certain doubts to herself.The defense has said the conduct of the detective “irreparably tainted” the entire case but prosecutors have said there is “ample evidence” to proceed.The decision whether to dismiss is left to Judge James Burke, a former prosecutor appointed to the bench by then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani in 2001. He has since been reappointed two more times.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
The striker’s home country media has been a little obsessed with the rumours about his future, as they expect him to join a bigger club in the next transfer window.Just yesterday, we covered a four-page story from newspaper Record where they asked 13 different journalists to analyse the player’s future.Now it’s the Mexico national team boss Tata Martino who’s talking about Jiménez. Following the rumours that have been linking the striker to Juventus, the manager said he should think calmly about the decision.“Any modification, any change, the first one that has to define it is both him and his family”, Tata Martino told TUDN (via Medio Tiempo).Embed from Getty Images“Analyse very well any possibility of change, I know that it is very tempting at times and I also say this from experience, to me in some moment I’ve had to go somewhere privileged and after six or seven years I find myself declaring that it was the worst year as a coach of my life.”“It’s not just going to the places that dazzle, but you have to be convinced that you want to do it, that a change is needed, because sometimes we have happiness where we are and it’s not necessary to change.”It’s recently been reported by the Spanish media that Wolverhampton have set a price of €100m for Jiménez’ transfer this summer. This is said to be twice what Juventus are offering, so the clubs are probably far from a deal for now.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameThe Most Addictive Game of the Year 2019Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don’t Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoLoans | Search AdsNeed a loan? Search hereLoans | Search AdsUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoTemenos by CNBC CatalystIs a Digital Revolution Crucial for Banks to Stay Ahead in a Post-Pandemic World?Temenos by CNBC CatalystUndo It’s been quite rare to check the Mexican media and not find something about Raúl Jiménez’ possible departure from Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Cristiano Ronaldo admits he is driven by the “important games” and would only play “for the national team and in the Champions League” with Juventus if he could. The 34-year-old has won most of what’s on offer at club level and is motivated by the games where he can feel the “pressure”. “I’ll tell you, if it were up to me, I would only play some important games,” the Portuguese international said in an interview with France Football. “Those of the national team and in the Champions League. “It’s these kinds of games that emerge, those with something at stake, with a difficult environment, with pressure.” But he concedes that he always gives his all when he enters the pitch, whilst he doesn’t care too much about the reactions from the outside world. “You have to be a professional and perform well every day, to honour your family and the club you represent, the ones who pay you. For the rest, I do not give much importance to the reactions I get from the public,” he added. Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/
Ahead of the Apple Watch’s retail kickoff on this Friday, the company CEO Tim Cook has come up with a good news for all the employees of the company. Cook has announced major discounts on Apple Watch for all its employees as a goodwill gesture.The Apple CEO has reportedly sent a memo to all the employees congratulating them for working hard for years to help this product reach their customers.It would be a great delight for the Apple employees as they will get 50 per cent off on the aluminum sport and stainless models and $550 off on the gold edition variations.It has been said that the special pricing for employees lasts for 90 days, starting on Friday, the day when general Apple Watch pre-orders start.Cook has told employees that “we want you to share in that experience right alongside.”More than one thousand apps were submitted in just four days last week when the App Store started accepting them, and the rate of submissions has only been climbing since then,” he said.According to 9to5Here is the full memo from Cook to the employees:Team,The day we’ve all been waiting for is almost here: Apple Watch is ready to ship.Our retail stores are training for a whole new way to engage customers and help them experience Apple’s most personal product yet. On Friday, in over four hundred stores across four continents, we’ll open our doors to people who want to try on Apple Watch for the first time and start deciding which one is right for them.advertisementTens of millions of people have seen our keynotes and demonstration videos about the watch, and there’s much more to come. Some of the most innovative developers in the world are working on new experiences designed specifically for Apple Watch. More than one thousand apps were submitted in just four days last week when the App Store started accepting them, and the rate of submissions has only been climbing since then.I know that many of you have been looking forward to choosing an Apple Watch for yourselves, and we want to make it easy for you. Starting Friday, in countries where the watch is available for pre-order, a special Employee Purchase Plan will offer a 50% discount on any Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport for your personal use.As we introduce the watch in more countries, the special pricing for employees will be offered in those countries as well. Discounts will begin at pre-order and last for 90 days after availability. AppleWeb has more details, so I invite you to check it out.Our products enrich people’s lives like no others, and we think Apple Watch is going to delight our customers in ways people can’t yet imagine. We want you to share in that experience right alongside them.Congratulations to everyone who has worked so hard for years to help this product reach our customers. And thanks in advance to the thousands of retail employees around the world who will start placing it on people’s wrists starting Friday.
Monday night, we asked our Michigan fan base – which is over 50,000 strong on Facebook – to send us photos of their coolest Wolverines gear ahead of the 2016 season. The response has been above and beyond what we could have ever expected. It turns out there are some seriously creative UM fans out there.We’re going to highlight the best 21 items we were sent. Warning – if you’re a Michigan supporter, you may feel a bit inferior after scrolling through the list. Let’s get started:1. This 1988 Chevy Caprice, decked out in Michigan colors and logos. Sent over by a fan named Lee. 2. This Wolverines-themed mailbox, complete with goal posts. Sent over by a fan named Michelle.3. This Ford Mustang, painted with Michigan’s color scheme. Sent in by a fan named Jeff.4. This Michigan-themed SeaDoo. Sent over by a fan named David.5. This Michigan-colored ice fishing sled. Sent over by a fan named Allen.6. These Michigan helmet-themed surfboards. Sent over by a fan named Tim.7. This Ohio-shaped Michigan carving. Sent over by a fan named Shannon.8. This Michigan-themed Dodge Ram 1300, which even has the Michigan state outline near the tail. Sent over by a fan named Benji.9. These Michigan-themed Converse shoes, sent over by a fan named Patti.10. This old-school automobile, which looks like a 1930 Ford Model A, decked out in Michigan colors and logos. Sent over by a fan named Bob. 11. These Michigan colored booties, sent over by a fan named John.12. This Michigan-themed toilet, complete with Ohio State’s logo in the proper spot. Sent over by an anonymous fan.13. This Michigan-themed camper, called the Schembechler Shack – which you can actually rent. Sent over by a fan named Adam.14. This Michigan lamp, which features an aerial of the team’s stadium. Sent over by a fan named Yvonne.15. This awesome Michigan fan cave, which even features yard lines along the walls. Sent in by a fan named Jake.16. This Michigan wood carving, which features the program logo. Sent over by a fan named John.17. This Michigan-themed motorcycle, sent over by a fan named Troy.18. This accent wall, dedicated to Michigan’s stadium – The Big House. Sent in by a fan named Dennis.19. This hilarious birdhouse combo, which shows a clean Michigan house and a crapped-on Michigan State house. Sent in by a fan named Sherry.20. This metal 360-degree lawn decoration, which features Michigan’s “M” logo. Sent in by a fan named Dan.21. This 1950-era Chevy Stepside, with Michigan logos on the body and the spare tire case. Sent over by a fan named Jim.Think you’ve got these people beat? Let us know!
The Atletico Madrid footballer remembers his worst injury with his club that leaves him with problems for months after itAtletico Madrid midfielder Saul Ñíguez was hit in the kidney by Kyriakos Papadopoulos in a UEFA Champions League match in the 2014-2015 season.This left him injured for many months and was the worst time the Spanish footballer had in his professional life.“I had to risk my own health to defend Atletico Madrid’s colors,” Saul was quoted by Spanish newspaper AS.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“We were going to the hospital in the ambulance and Saul, crying, told me he didn’t feel his arms and legs,” Saul’s father Jose Antonio told French magazine So Foot.“He told me he was prepared to have his kidney striped that stop playing football, but German [Burgos] convinced him not to do it.”According to Saul’s dad, the Atletico Madrid assistant coach told him “Do not take it off, after football, there is still a long life to live.”
Arjen Robben plans to keep all options open for the time being after announcing he will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the seasonThe 34-year-old winger will end a nine-year stay with Bayern in June and will be free to join any club he desires or head into retirement.Robben has since been linked with a reunion with his former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho at Manchester United along with a move to the MLS with Philadelphia Union.But the Dutchman will not be rushing into any decisions as he enters the last seven months of his contract at Bayern.“[My future’s] still open, anything could still happen. Now was the right time to announce my departure,” Robben told the club website.“For the fans and the club, everything is clear and everyone knows it’s over at the end of the season.“I have time to think about my future and what the next step will be. It’s possible that I’ll retire. It could also be good to continue if something interesting comes up.”Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.Despite his age, Robben continues to perform at an impressive level and recently scored a double in Bayern’s recent 5-1 Champions League over Benfica.“I’m thankful that at 34 I can still perform at this level as a winger,” he added.“That’s something special and it makes me happy. It would be different if someone said it wasn’t going well any-more and I had to stop. I think it’s better this way. It’s good.“It’s a bit strange. We’re already talking about saying goodbye but the team has plenty of ambition and I do as well.“It makes me happy to see that I can still deliver a top performance in a big European game against Benfica – and may that continue.“I hope to play an important role right to the end to help the team. My goal is to leave with at least one trophy in the summer.”